Many people who rent a roll off dumpster wonder what must be done before the dumpster is in their driveway. You may be wondering if the dumpster will cause any damage to your driveway. It is common to be concerned about brickwork damage or cracking of concrete.
We understand that the last thing you want to worry about is another problem to fix after you complete the current one. Renting a roll off dumpster is a very convenient way to handle outdoor organic debris removal, home cleaning projects, remodeling, or even a roofing revamp.
Will a Roll Off Dumpster Damage My Driveway?
When renting a roll off dumpster, it must be placed correctly. When it is placed on your driveway the right way, damage to your driveway is quite unlikely.
It is highly recommended to only rent any type of dumpster from a reputable dumpster rental company such as Canyon View Dumpsters. By renting from dumpster experts, you are ensuring that every step of the process is taken with precaution and safety to prevent damage of any sort and make for a successful project.
Is Your Dumpster Placed Correctly?
The following points will help you determine whether or not your dumpster is or has been placed correctly.
- Ensure the dumpster is placed on a level surface. The surface must be hard and solid such as concrete. Concrete is the best place for a heavy container.
- Do not place the dumpster on grassy surfaces.
- Avoid placing the dumpster in direct sunlight, especially in the summer.
- Be sure to choose the correct size container for your removal needs. If you are unsure of the volume needed for your disposal, ask your rental company about how much debris can be put in the dumpster without causing damage to the surface of your driveway.
- Keep in mind the weight of the waste and the path you will take to the driveway dumpster. Think beforehand about how you will get to the dumpster. Will you have to step over landscaping and/or obstacles?
- Avoid exceeding the fill-height limit of the dumpster.
- If you are unsure of the perfect place to set your dumpster, ask the professionals at Canyon View Dumpster to ensure the place of the container is in a good spot that allows for a clear route with minimal obstrucitons to and from your project.
How to Protect Your Driveway
To provide proper protection, utilize wood boards or plywood for an adequate cushion or buffer between the dumpster and the driveway. Place the wood underneath the container to distribute the weight evenly. This is one of the best ways to protect your driveway from damage and helps reduce stress in one single area. If excessive pressure is put in on an area, you are putting your surface at risk of creating stress fractures or cracks in the material. This is prominent in concrete.
Use a tarp to gather scattered debris to prevent additional messes. There are bound to be extra pieces of debris that don’t make it directly into the dumpster. A tarp is a go-to easy resource for a stress-free clean-up of those pieces of waste.
Rent a Dumpster Today
Renting a dumpster is a suitable and way to remove waste from a project and garbage from your home. You can bypass any damage to your driveway and property with considerate planning and appropriate dumpster placement. If you have any questions about how and where to place your rented dumpster, contact the experts at Canyon View Dumpsters today for answers. Our team of rental experts strive to deliver top-of-the-line rental services that provide you with satisfactory disposal needs. We are here to help you finish your projects and dispose of your waste properly.