You have probably heard of Spring Cleaning but have you ever heard of Fall Cleaning? Fall Cleaning is the exact same action of deep cleaning all of the neglected areas of your home. The only difference is that it takes place in the fall season.
When should I Start Fall Cleaning?
Fall Cleaning should start when you would assume it should, Fall! The Fall season starts in late September. The leaves start to drift to the ground and the temperature begins to drop. The fall season is notorious for stormy weather. With stormy weather falling, there is no better time to start tidying up your indoor space.
Why is Fall Cleaning as Important as Spring Cleaning?
Fall cleaning is just as important as Spring Cleaning. Fall Cleaning is not only about deep Cleaning, it is also about the health benefits. Being sure to take care of your home every other season is crucial to keeping your space healthy and comfortable for everything the cold weather will bring.
5 Benefits of Fall Cleaning
Here is a list of benefits you will gain from Fall Cleaning.
- Creates a healthy living environment
- Prevents seasonal sickness
- Forms good cleaning habits
- Prepares your space for the upcoming holiday season
- Plans home purging time into your schedule
How Do You Start Fall Cleaning?
If you are not sure where to start, you are not alone. Taking on such a large deep cleaning project can become overwhelming, especially if you haven’t deep-cleaned your space in a while.
Here are some tasks to help you get started:
- Wash the walls, windows, and window sills
- Clean your washer and dryer
- Sanitize your doorknobs, doors, and light switches
- Dust dirty surfaces such as ceiling fan blades or door frames.
- Vacuum all floors and stairs
- Spot clean carpet or fabric furniture
- Clean your oven and stovetop
- Seal granite
- Polish surfaces
- Re-lacquer and polish wood
- Wash garbage cans
- Switch out Seasonal Clothing
- Wipe down electronic screens
- Sanitize remote controls and keyboards
- Dust plant leaves
- Dispose of unused clothing and shoes
- Dispose of undisplayed decor
- Vacuum under upholstered cushions
- Wash cushion coverings
- Condition the wood of all cabinets
- Clean out your refrigerator of messes and expired food.
- Clean the bathroom and kitchen grout
Recycling and Donate Specific Items
Several items are able to be donated or recycled instead of throwing them away. Items that can be recycled are books, paper, untreated wood, plastic, cardboard, metal, and glass. Items that can be donated to an organization or a thrift store consist of furniture, tables, chairs, mattresses, bed frames, dishes, flatware, kitchen appliances, clothing, and shoes. Donating items that are in good condition can make a positive impact on someone else’s life.
How to dispose of waste when Fall Cleaning
The best way to dispose of your Fall Cleaning waste is by renting a proper dumpster. You may also need to rent a recycling dumpster for items that can be recycled. Canyon View Dumpster provides the best dumpster selection to help assist your cleaning project.
If you are going to donate specific items to an organization or thrift store, contact them to find out what they are able to accept in donations.
Contain the Fall Cleaning Waste by Renting a Dumpster
Canyon View Dumpsters understands how dirty, cluttered, and messy Fall Cleaning can become. We are able to provide the best dumpster rental services in Utah. Contact the dumpster experts to determine what type of dumpster you will need and how many you may acquire for your cleaning project. Learn more about the rates that Canyon View Dumpsters offers or receive a free quote for your cleaning project today.