Starting a home renovation or remodeling project can be an incredibly exciting time in homeowners’ lives. However, there is a lot of preparation involved in beginning these projects, including finding an adequate rental dumpster to dispose of any accompanying debris. You may find yourself asking many questions as your home project beginnings, including which rental dumpster size is best for you.
At Canyon View Dumpsters & Toilets, we want homeowners to go into their home renovation projects as prepared as possible. To feel the most prepared, we have answered some of your most frequently asked questions about rental dumpster size and how to pick the best dumpster for you.
What Rental Dumpster Size Is Available?
When you prepare to start a home remodel or renovation project, you might not know much about the rental dumpster industry, including what rental dumpster size is available. There are many different rental dumpster sizes available to homeowners, ranging from 10- to 40-yards. The most common rental dumpster sizes are 15-, 20-, and 30-yard dumpsters.
How Much Fits In Each Rental Dumpster?
We have briefly discussed how much can fit in a 20-yard rental dumpster before, which you can read about here. However, there are a few simple guidelines you should know when choosing the right rental dumpster size. At Canyon View Dumpsters & Toilets, we offer three different rental dumpster sizes. The amount of debris that can fit in each of these rental dumpsters is:
- 15-yard dumpster: A 15-yard rental dumpster is about 12 feet long by 8 feet wide by 5 feet tall. These dumpsters can fit approximately 80 to 100 garbage bags or about 1,500 pounds of waste.
- 20-yard dumpster: While a 20-yard dumpster is only 5 yards bigger than a 15-yard dumpster, it can fit substantially more. These dumpsters can fit approximately 110 to 130 garbage bags.
- 30-yard dumpster: The biggest rental dumpster size we provide is the 30-yard dumpster. These dumpsters can fit approximately 170 to 190 garbage bags or about 3,000 pounds of waste.
What Factors Should You Consider?
There are several factors that you should consider when choosing a rental dumpster size. First, you should determine whether there is waste that cannot be disposed of in a rental dumpster and instead requires special disposal. Your local waste management company should be able to answer any questions you have.
If you don’t take this waste into consideration, you may rent a dumpster that is much larger than you need, or be charged for this special disposal after the rental period is over. You should also consider the materials going into the dumpster. Some dumpster rental companies have a weight limit with each dumpster. If you don’t have a great deal of debris, but it is heavy, you may need a larger dumpster to accommodate this weight.
Another factor you need to consider when you choose your rental dumpster size that you might not realize has an impact on your perfect dumpster is where it will be located. If your dumpster is going in your driveway, you might not have the room to fit a larger dumpster. It is best to measure this space prior to rental so you aren’t caught off guard when it doesn’t fit properly.
When starting your project, it may be difficult to choose an adequate rental dumpster size. If you are feeling a bit unsure about what size you should choose from, you should consider relying on the advice of professionals. Our professionals at Canyon View Dumpsters & Toilets recommend the following sizes for each home project:
- Home remodel: During a home remodeling project, it is best to rent a 30-yard dumpster. This larger size ensures that the dumpster is large enough to accommodate a great deal of debris, and it is tall enough to prevent debris from poking out.
- Bathroom remodel: Unlike a home remodeling project, many bathroom remodeling projects will only require a 15-yard dumpster. However, if it is a larger bathroom, a 20-yard rental dumpster may be a better option for your project.
- Kitchen remodel: Your kitchen remodel may include a great deal of heavier materials. If you are ripping out old cabinetry, countertops, and appliances, it is best to choose a 30-yard rental dumpster.
- Home cleanout: When performing a home cleanout, your rental dumpster size will depend on the size of the home. For many smaller homes, a 20-yard dumpster is best. However, larger homes or homes with more garbage may require a 30-yard dumpster.
- Landscaping project: Your landscaping project isn’t likely to contribute to a great deal of debris. If you are about to start your landscaping project, you will likely only require a 15-yard dumpster.
- Roofing project: You might not realize how much room is required for debris created during a roofing project. However, during your roofing project, you will likely need a 20-yard dumpster to accommodate this heavy debris.
What To Do If Your Rental Dumpster Isn’t Big Enough
When you are beginning a home improvement project, it is essential that you choose the correct rental dumpster size. Renting a dumpster that is too small may require you to rent a second dumpster. Unfortunately, choosing a rental dumpster size that is too small will cost you more money. It is important to determine if your dumpster rental company requires an additional payment if you dispose of more waste than the dumpster can accommodate, as it may play a factor in which rental dumpster size you choose.
It is best to choose a dumpster that you believe may be too big for your project. Not only will this save you money should you have more debris than you expect, but it will also save you time. You won’t have to wait for the dumpster to be delivered to your home. When in doubt, always choose the larger dumpster to avoid this problem.
Finding Your Perfect Rental Dumpster Size With Canyon View Dumpsters & Toilets
When renting a dumpster for your home improvement project, you should look for a company that offers a variety of dumpster sizes to ensure they have the perfect options for you. At Canyon View Dumpster & Toilets, our team offers 15-, 20-, and 30-yard dumpsters for every home project. Our team can help you choose the perfect rental dumpster size for your project if you are still uncertain.
In addition to our dumpster rental project, we provide rental toilets, hand wash stations, and recycling dumpsters. If you are interested in renting a dumpster from Canyon View Dumpsters & Toilets or would like to speak to a member of our team about the other services we provide, contact us today.